I'm not a big fan of Spinach, but these cakes are so yummy that you will lick your fingers. Crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside.
Makes about 12
- 1 Package fresh Spinach about 300 gr, coarsely chopped.
- 1/4 cup minced scallion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 spring of Cilantro, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil to fry
Heat the oil over medium temperature in a big frying pan. Sauté the garlic, cilantro and the scallion for 2 minutes. Add the Spinach and the salt and cook until completely wilted. About 8 minutes.
Transfer to a colander and drain, pressing with a spoon to remove all the excess liquid.
In a bowl, mix the Panko, flour, Parmesan cheese, egg and milk. Add the cooked spinach and combine until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan at medium heat and drop by spoonfuls, flatten with the back of a spoon and fry until golden brown on both sides.
Drain over kitchen towels and serve hot.